Plan, organize, and execute daily curriculum with production team in order to choreograph a weekly exhibition show for each week of KidsCamp, and a show for each Middle School Intensive Session.
- 18 years or older
- High school diploma or GED required; one or more years of college and/or developing choreography in musical theatre preferred
- Experience in the operations of camp programs.
- Proficiency in working with children in a structured environment.
- Excellent organization, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills; experience in supervising and training others preferred.
- Willing to accept responsibility
- Exhibit the ability to place the needs of the cast members and the camp above their own.
- Enthusiastic team player that can relate positively to all staff, volunteers and cast members.
- Be responsible for overall operations of the choreography classes including activity planning, implementation and safety management.
- Develop a class curriculum & supply list for Camp Director approval.
- Provide high quality instruction / direction for both cast members and stage crew.
- Attend and partake in camp pre-planning meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Participate with the overall camp programming, development of weekly curriculum, and cast member satisfaction.
- Guarantee that courses reflect the experience level of each class through innovative and educational activities.
- Oversee and mentor those assigned to assist you.
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned classroom, and contribute to group efforts to preserve the high quality environment created for the cast.
- Ability to impartially and consistently enforce camp rules.
- Physical ability to accompany cast members in all activities and field trips.
- Be able to communicate with cast members and provide instructions.
- Capacity to identify and respond to any potential hazard (i.e. environmental, etc.)
- Ability to observe cast member behavior, assess it appropriateness, enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures and apply appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid.
- Ability to plan and conduct curriculum based on cast member aptitude and development objectives.
- May be required to lift objects 15(+)lbs.